Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Hello 2012

I realize I haven't blogged in awhile. I guess I'm a bit bad at that lately.

We're gearing up to try again. I oscillate between being petrified, being at peace, and just not wanting to say anything to anyone. Hence my radio silence.

If we do get pregnant, I don't want to tell anyone at all. Maybe it'll be obvious when I'm 20 weeks or something, but I don't want to say "I'm pregnant." It seems so weird because I was stoked the first time around and couldn't wait to tell people. I was nervous the second time, especially with the umbilical chord issue. Then by the third time, I wasn't saying anything to anyone.

Funny thing, I have no trouble telling people I've had 2 miscarriages and it's been hard. But I don't want anyone to know that we're trying to have a baby. Weird? I think so.

Anyway. Point being. Please pray. Pray for peace. Pray that everything goes well. Pray that no matter what happens, I can say, "God is Good." Because that's the way it should be.

9 comments:

Becky said...

I'll be covering you in prayer. I am so hopeful for you.

Marcia (123 blog) said...

Yes, of course I'll pray and it's not in the least bit weird :)

Anonymous said...

I think sometimes it is harder to tell people you are trying because then you are carrying their hopes/expectations as well as your own. And every person is one more person whom you have to update, and inevitably they will ask right when things aren't going well.

That said- thanks for telling us! Good luck. I will hold hope in my heart for you.

xoxoxo
T.

Mazzy said...

Will definitely be praying for you!

Anonymous said...

Praying for you friend.

Courtney said...

I don't think it's weird at all. I'm 32 weeks pg right now, and I've probably only uttered the words "I'm pregnant" 3 or 4 times. There's something about saying those words that I hate. I can say I'm "expecting" because I feel like that's closer to the truth. Expecting to have a baby and having a baby are two different things, right?
Good luck trying and I know that's why I enjoy blogging so much, no one in real life reads my blog and I can just share it all. Praying for your family.

shauna said...

Praying :)

Just Me. said...

I know. I understand. And like you, we haven't told anybody. Scared still.

I am here. And here's lots of fighting power to get through your next journey.

Keeping you in my thoughts and love and holding all hope for you.

love and hugs.

Mrs. Brightside said...

I just wanted to say thank you for stopping by my blog the other day. I'm so sorry for your losses, and hope that your luck changes very soon. I totally get what you mean about not wanting people to know that you're trying -- there are times I am so freaked out and full of expectation myself, that I just want to be invisible, and it just feels like extra scrutiny and pressure. Our last pregnancy I told no one except in blog land, it was somehow easier that way. I only just told my mom a few weeks ago about that last loss - she caught me that I had changed "our number." Wishing you peace.