Thursday, December 15, 2011

Much better

So I realized this is a random hodge podge of things...

Somehow that due date passing made the world of difference to me. Or maybe it was just all the prayers people were saying? I'm not really sure. Maybe both.

I feel SO much better these days. Mentally. I'm still grieving, but it's not the first thing I think about all the time now.

Physically I still need to exercise more and I'm still 5 lb up from my pre-pregnancy weight, but whatever. I've got a plan starting in January, but for right now I'm going to exercise when I can. And try to watch what I'm eating more.

I got a chance to meet Lauren the other day for lunch. It was so great to meet in person and be able to talk and hang out. Thanks for coming Lauren!!

I got a blog award. Thanks Crystal!


I'm supposed to list 7 things you might not know about me and then pass it on to other blogs...

Here we go.
1. I'm learning how to sew. I love my sewing machine and have used it more in the last 3 months than the last 6 years.
2. I drink my coffee with lots of milk and sugar. Probably too much sugar. I tried to go black and sugarless once or twice and failed miserably.
3. I hate shopping. This really means I dread Christmas shopping. I want gifts to be useful, so it stresses me out to try and buy people stuff.
4. This goes with #3, but I have a really hard time ~ read I barely ever ~ buying anything not on sale. I won't even look in the non-sale racks in most stores.
5. I love to trash pick. So many great things in my house were recycled. This goes with my frugal nature. And it doesn't stress me out to trash pick because if I don't like it, I just return it to the curb. Probably more of a big city thing...
6. I come across is outgoing, but in reality I feel very shy most of the time.
7. I have still lived overseas (17 years) more than I have lived in the US (13 years).

Bloggy award bestowed to these wonderful blogs that I really look forward to seeing posts from (and I totally could have added so many other ones too!):
Life and Love in the Petri Dish
Day by Day
1 2 3 Blog
Joys in My Life
A Day in the Life of Preachermans Wife
Res Cogitatae
The Yoakum Crew

4 comments:

Marcia (123 blog) said...

I love your randomness!!!

You and me both with the weight thing - I really need to stop baking... so that I can stop eating... so that I can lose weight.

Thanks for the award!

Anonymous said...

We totally could be twins!!!! Glad you made it past the due date. Take care my dear!

Anonymous said...

Thanks! I will try to get my post up soonish!

I used to love curb diving too, but my city has a problem with bed bugs, so now I am too scared to take anything home. This sucks, because we live near some really expensive parts of the city and there is some NICE stuff that gets put out on the curb. But you never know.

I hate shopping too. I don't understand people for whom shopping is a leisure activity, and who like to spend time at the mall just browsing. I never go unless I have to, I always have a list and stores in mind, and I try to combine trips. I think I've been in a mall three times since E. was born, and I just did almost all of my Christmas shopping online!

Glad you are in a better head space. I just put some new pics of E. up on my blog. Email me if you don't have the password to see them (rescogitatae AT gmail DOT com).
xxx
T.

Heather said...

Thank you! Thank you! I am posting right now for this! You are so sweet!